Tuesday 22 February 2011

Heathrow - UK

This being our first trip outside Australia has come with the expected WOW factor. We arrived at Heathrow without a Satnav or a street directory as I committed our first 2 mile trip to memory....or so I thought. Google Earth made it look so simple, but then there were round-abouts and multiple lanes commiting you to who knows where. But I knew the general direction and we managed to get there in about 15 min. But its not like me to ever do it that way....I generally over prepare but this time part of the idea of the holiday is to stretch myself, ....my taste buds, who knows what else....I'm here for the ride.

So as an added bonus, AVIS rent a car had managed to freeze our remaining Visa funds and we could only withdraw 20 pound at the ATM at Heathrow ..... just enough to pay for the car parking so we could leave with our newly purchased car. So there we were thrust into English traffic with no cash and a vague idea to drive east along the M4 for a couple of miles.....if we could find it. Having taken 6 and a half months off work....at least we'll be doing it slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.